To be a Dynamic Trade Association serving the interests of our members by creating a favourable business environment and working closely with all stakeholders to support the initiatives under our National Agenda.
Our Core Values
P – Professionalism
I – Industry-focused
A – Accountability
M – Make a diﬀerence
Our Corporate Objectives
- Articulate One Uniﬁed Voice for and on behalf of the industry
- Create Favourable Business Environment for member companies
- Promote Image of the industry and its Role in the Economy
- Educate Consumers on General Insurance Products
- Foster Public conﬁdence by protecting the interests of Consumers
- Establish a Sound and Eﬃcient Insurance Infrastructure with Best Practices
- Raise Professionalism and ensure Standards in Distribution
- Harmonize Approaches and Solutions to Industry Issues
- Build a pipeline of talent and proﬁle general insurance as a career of choice
- Facilitate Information Sharing within boundaries of Competition Act
THE BOLD P
Striking the right balance between heritage and the evolutionary process of progressing into the future is critical in representing such an iconic brand as the General Insurance Association of Malaysia (PIAM). This is the fundamental thought behind the ‘Bold P’. We have highlighted the capital P as a symbolic icon of the association through a fresh and bold visual. It sends a strong message of not only being ‘people oriented’ but also inclusive of the versatile ‘personalities’ embodied by the association.
A square shape with soft edges is visible inside the “P” that aims to communicate the core strength of the association led by strong and yet compassionate leadership.
The subtle curvatures on the icon also represent a ﬂuid circular motion that symbolises constant progression throughout the many facets of the association. Some of which include organisational growth, stability and adaptability through time and changing environments.
PIAM has created a strong identity through the use of colour green in its logo, which is retained in this strong sense of identity. The gradients of tones of the colour green and yellow in the new logo embody the diversity of the industry, its players and the multinational characters of Malaysia.
Growth and vitality, renewal and restoration.
Self-reliance, reliability and dependability.
Helping us to ﬁnd new ways of doing things.
Relates to clarity of thought and ideas.